Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Lenten Photo a Day - Day 8 Preserve

As a photographer, I am so fortunate to have the opportunity to photograph events in the life of a family, my church or my community. Through the years I have experienced moments in history that I can capture and preserve. This is the best part of what I do.

Last Sunday, I traveled to Selma, Alabama with friends for the 52nd Selma March marking that day in the history of the Civil Rights Movement. It was the first time I'd ever walked over the infamous Edmund Pettus Bridge and I felt the same way as this young boy with his sister.

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Crossing that bridge on such a date seems to have that moment of history aspect to it that makes perfect sense. You've captured the solemness of the occasion.

Bob Crowe said...

This is very powerful - the woman who appears to be walking straight into the post, the children with such different affect, the indifferent river rolling by below. Excellent work.