Saturday, September 16, 2017

Where Artists Create - Donna's Cast of Characters

These make me smile every time I see4 them. For more of Donna's delightful characters, please visit her Etsy Shop!  My apologies to Donna for the corny titles I gave her work. I hope to be forgiven.


A grate man is hard to find.


This guy doesn't fit the mold.

VJ: What is the inspiration for your work?

DSS: Humor and whimsy are the emotions that started me wanting to create my quirky assemblage sculptures. I'm influenced by folk art, masks and sculptures from different cultures, characters, and animals from movies and nature; and even by facial expressions and gestures that I see in other people.


The Red Feathered Woodpecker


VJ: If you could explore another medium, what would that be:

DSS: Just recently I started using driftwood to create my assemblage sculptures. Using driftwood gives my sculptures a more primitive and tribal look. This allows me to further explore and be inspired by art from a greater variety of world cultures.


Her brain is like a sieve. So is mine.

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Her first piece reminds me a bit of those old fashioned wall phones.

TheChieftess said...

Very creative pieces! And yes...my brain has that same sieve....